VEA: Your Power Plant in a Computer
Decrease costs by improving efficiency through modeling the plant effectively, economically, and entirely with total visibility.
- Forecast utility uses, facility operations costs, and delivery options.
- Record full plant operations – all of the components working together.
- Model potential plant changes, and test their effect on the whole plant.
- Create a user friendly training tool – operate the plant virtually.
- Tie into automation to create a complete vision of the plant, even those components without sensors.
- Forecast emissions: CO2, CO, NOx, and others.
VEA is a Microsoft Excel based program.
“As a biomass fuelled plant, we had two goals answered by the VEA. The first was a comparison of different fuel potentials, and the second was an estimation of air emissions from the process as extended over a chosen period of time. This gave us a good opportunity to examine our process in ways unachievable previously.”
—Jack H., Manufacturing Plant Engineer